Who Will Fill These Shoes?
Fr. Vic Ivers, a priest from the Archdiocese of Chicago who was deeply rooted in the faith passed away on January 18, 2014 at the age of 95. At St. Joseph in Libertyville, during concluding his final mass, he stopped, took off his shoes, laid them in front of the altar and said, “so now who will fill these shoes?” Then he processed out, leaving the shoes behind with an open question that was directed then and still for today.
Who Will Fill These Shoes? has then been celebrated in our Archdiocese and other diocese ever since.
Highlights of the Evening
- Attend Holy Mass and participate in prayers
- Witness young men who are also open and courageous to listen to Jesus' calling
- Listen to a vocation Homily
- Receive vocation resources as steps to help provide guidance to your discernment path
- Freely and openly ask questions to priests or seminarians of doubts, concerns, or ideas