Who Will Fill These Shoes?
An evening at Mundelein Seminary for fellowship, prayer, and dinner with seminarians and priests. All high school young men and their parents are invited to join this free-event.
Fr. Vic Ivers, a priest from the Archdiocese of Chicago who was deeply rooted in the faith passed away on January 18, 2014 at the age of 95. At St. Joseph in Libertyville, during concluding his final mass, he stopped, took off his shoes, laid them in front of the altar and said, “so now who will fill these shoes?” Then he processed out, leaving the shoes behind with an open question that was directed then and still for today.
Who Will Fill These Shoes? has then been celebrated in our Archdiocese and other diocese ever since.
Highlights of the Event
- Listen to vocation talks from priests and seminarians
- Witness young men who are also open and courageous to listen to Jesus' calling
- Opportunity to visit the major seminary grounds with a personalized tour
- Receive vocation resources as steps to help provide guidance to your discernment path
- Attend Holy Mass, participate in prayers and small group discussions
- Freely and openly ask questions to priests or seminarians of doubts, concerns, or ideas
- Feast in thanksgiving for taking one step towards discovering where Jesus is calling you to serve and your openness to become a great man no matter what vocation you choose